Have we mentioned we love Cauliflower? Oh that’s right – every other recipe on this site is probably cauliflower 🙂 Well, here’s another one for you: roasty cauliflower, charred poblanos and ooey gooey cheddar cheese. Mouth watering yet? It should be. Mexican food is always on the agenda when we meal plan and these quesadillas are a usual suspect (after our Copycat Chipotle Bowls!).
Roasting the cauliflower first brings out the nuttiness of the vegetable and marries really well with the smokey char of the poblanos. In the summer time, we’ll grill the veggies outdoors but the oven works just as well!
Tips & Tricks
- In a pinch you can use frozen cauliflower but fresh is best; if you are using frozen cauliflower rinse the florets in hot water to get rid of any ice build up
- The filling can be refrigerated for up to a week; we will sometimes use leftovers in a grilled cheese sandwich!
- We like to eat this with our crunchy Mexican slaw
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 quesadillas
- 1 medium cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 poblanos
- Cheddar cheese
- Everything but the Elote seasoning – Trader Joe’s
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
- Salt / Pepper
- Coat cauliflower florets and poblanos in olive oil
- Roast in oven or on the grill for 20-30 min
- Place the poblanos in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let cool; this will make it easier to peel the skin
- Peel poblanos, de seed and chop
- Add to chopped cauliflower and season to taste with garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper and elote seasoning
- To prepare quesadillas – sprinkle tortilla with cheese and veggies and fold in half
- Cook in a pan or panini press for 5 min on each side till brown
You must be logged in to post a comment.