Truth time – we’re not a fan of mayo-based coleslaw, we find it a little heavy and overwhelming. Enter this crunchy, limey coleslaw that is the perfect accompaniment to your Mexican night! We’ve provided rough proportions below, but feel free to adjust the seasoning to your taste!
Tips & Tricks
- This slaw can be prepped in advance – in fact, the flavors taste even better when left to rest for 2-3 hours.
- We serve this with our Copycat Chipotle Mexican Bowls, tacos and even in burgers for a nice twist on your classic black bean burger.
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: none
- Yield: 3-4 servings
- 1 cup Angel hair coleslaw
- 1/2 cup Shredded carrots
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tsp Distilled vinegar
- Salt / Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp TJ’s Everything but the Elote Seasoning
- Mix veggies together and add seasoning, lime juice and vinegar to taste.
- This slaw can be prepped in advance, we like to prepare it at least 2-3 hours before eating for the flavors to develop.