If you were ever to randomly open our refrigerator, you will find a ton of hot sauces AND a mason jar of these pickles. Always. They are the perfect topping for everything from burgers to sandwiches, we’ve even used them on Pav Bhaji (Indian veggie stew). While you could do white or yellow onions, we think that red is the best for that zippy crunchy taste!
Tips & Tricks
- For best flavors let this rest in the refrigerator overnight
- These pickles will last in the fridge for up to two weeks
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 jar
- 1 red onion sliced into strips
- 1 jalapeno sliced (optional: de seed for less spice)
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Place sliced onions and jalapeños in a large mason jar.
- Bring vinegar, water, salt and sugar to boil in a small saucepan.
- Pour hot liquid into mason jar and screw on lid.
- Once cool refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Overnight is best.