Tacos are big in our house – take pretty much anything, stuff it in a tortilla and we will eat it. One of our favorite fusion dishes is actually chana masala tacos using our easy peasy chana masala recipe (link here). Given our love for tacos, it actually took us a while to get on the sweet potato train: we always just think of sweet potatoes as perfect for fries (which they obviously are!) but they make darn good tacos too!
The spiciness of the paprika and jalapeno really balance out the sweetness of the sweet potatoes – and since we’re vegetarian, we always like to kick up protein in our dishes: enter Tofurkey brand brats! They are super flavorful and don’t taste too “meaty” (vegetarians – you guys know what we’re talking about!). The perfect meal for your next meatless Monday / taco Tuesday!!!
Tips & Tricks
- Feel free to play around with the veggies – you can use the same flavor profile but with what you have on hand: we’ve done this with mushrooms, cauliflowers and even squash!
- We keep the toppings on our tacos fairly simple: usually just sour cream, salsa and cheese. But always ALWAYS have our pickled onions & jalapeños to top them off for the perfect crunch
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- Garlic powder
- Salt / pepper
- Tofurkey Brats (2, diced)
- Sauté onions and jalapeños in a few tsp of olive oil until caramelized ~5-7 min
- Add diced sweet potato and continue to cook on medium heat uncovered
- Add spices, salt, pepper and a splash of water
- Cover and steam for 10 minutes until slightly tender
- Add diced tofurkey brats to the pan
- Continue to saute uncovered until cooked another ~10 minutes
- Serve in flour or corn tortillas with your choice of condiments