Sunday brunch is legitimately our favorite meal of the week – there’s something really special about having a lazy morning and then cooking a nice big delicious brunch! While we cook together a lot, Sunday brunch is our thing that we started when we were dating and still continue to do to this day. Egg are a must. Always. But sometimes you get bored of the regular old omelet – enter this indian inspired omelet with bold spicy flavors!
The key to recipe is really to get a good caramelization / char on your onions – don’t be afraid to let them cook well. The crust pieces on the bottom of the pan will be oh so delish after they’ve soaked up the garlic and spices! We usually make a little extra filling and toss them into a bowl of beaten eggs and cheese and bake them in a muffin tin for ~10-12 min to have little egg muffins for the week. Pop em in the microwave for a minute and you’re all set for a speedy breakfast! The filling also refrigerates well for a quick breakfast scramble with toast!
Tips & Tricks
- As with almost all our recipes – you can use a wide variety of veggies, we tend to use whatever is on hand: mushrooms, squash, spinach, corn … you name it, we’ve put it in an omelet!
- For a heartier brunch, you can make this filling with frozen potatoes and corn for a hash and serve it alongside scrambled eggs and toast!
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 Container of Sliced Mushrooms
- 6-8 mini zucchini, sliced (or 1 regular zucchini)
- 1 tsp Kitchen King Masala (we use MDH Spices Official)
- 1 clove of fresh garlic
- 4 Eggs
- Sauté onions and jalapeños in oil until tender ~10 min
- Add mushrooms and zucchini and continue to cook uncovered on medium heat
- Add Kitchen King, garlic salt and pepper
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes until spices are incorporated and set aside
- Fold mixture into scrambled eggs or use as a filling in an omelet with your favorite cheese!