We’ve always been about multi-functional meals and being able to use the same thing in different ways without feeling bored about eating the same thing! This recipes brings together two of our fuss free meal preps into a glorious flatbread: our cilantro pesto and paneer tikka! Our cilantro pesto is a powerhouse meal prep item working great in pastas, sandwiches, eggs and hash! Our paneer tikka similarly can be used in kathi rolls, rice bowls and even salads. And we have whole posts devoted to each of these beauties!
While we always make naan pizzas with pizza sauce and veggies – this version has stolen our hearts (and stomach). The base is cilantro pesto and is topped with veggies, cheese and MORE cheese aka paneer. What brings all the flavors together in one cohesive bite really is the cilantro yoghurt drizzle. Yoghurt on pizza? Hear us out – it was more of an afterthought but the cilantro chutney thinned out with some yoghurt is a great cooling element for the spicy paneer and marries well to the cilantro in the pesto base!
Tips & Tricks
- We use either our homemade cilantro chutney or always have a bottle of Swad brand Cilantro Chutney on hand, if you’re adventurous, they have a green chili chutney that would also work really well but beware it is really spicy!!!
- Feel free to add whatever veggies you love, to keep the focus on the paneer we limited our toppings to just mushrooms and onions
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 pizzas
- Plain frozen naan – we use Trader Joe’s
- Shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp cilantro pesto
- 1/2 cup paneer tikka sliced
- Diced red onions
- Sliced white mushrooms
- 1 tbsp cilantro chutney
- 1 tbsp plain yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- On a lined baking sheet arrange frozen naan and drizzle with some olive oil
- Spread cilantro pesto on naan and add sliced mushrooms and onions
- Season with salt and pepper
- Top with shredded cheese and paneer tikka slices
- Bake for 15 min until cheese is bubbly
- In a bowl combine cilantro chutney and yoghurt
- Drizzle sauce over pizza and serve