Secret confession: sometimes at Super Bowl parties, we’re kind of jealous of the spread meat eaters get. Sliders, beefy nachos, pigs in a blanket – and of course buffalo wings!!! Well – with these buffalo cauliflower bites, even your meatless friends will be able to partake in the spicy flavors! These are oven baked and not fried which makes them healthier, twice baked with our favorite Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, they are addictive and will be a crowd pleaser for sure.
While they work great as a poppable appetizer, we’re partial to eating them with Mac and cheese! Buffalo flavor + cheese = magic.
Tips & Tricks
- When re-heating leftovers, use a toaster oven or an air fryer to preserve the crispness of the cauliflower
- We love Frank’s hot sauce the best for these bites but you can sub out your own favorite hot sauce, you may need to adjust how much you slather on based on your heat level
- Fresh cauliflower is the best to minimize water content
- These work great in tacos drizzled with some Taco Bell chipotle sauce
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 45 min
- Yield: 3-4 entree servings
- 1 Cauliflower, broken into medium to large florets
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Whisk together Flour, Milk, Garlic Powder, and Paprika, Salt/Pepper in a large bowl
- Coat florets with the batter and let it sit for a minute or two
- Shake off any excess batter and place florets on a greased backing sheet,…you don’t want it to be dripping, just coated
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven, rotate as needed, and brush on the Buffalo Sauce
- Bake an additional 20 minutes or to desired doneness.
- You can toss the florets after baking in any remaining buffalo sauce for added flavor and zing!