We have the biggest sweet tooth – it’s a serious problem. If you put a chocolate cake in front of us for breakfast, we would probably eat the whole thing. While that would be the dream, it’s not always possible in reality haha. Enter these delicious, healthy salty sweet dessert!
A key step is to freeze the dates after you stuff them with nut butter, this will prevent the nut butter from mixing in with the melted chocolate when you dip them. We love using bittersweet chocolate and almond butter because we love the saltiness and bitterness against the sweetness of the dates! The next time your 3 pm sugar craving hits, try making a batch of these – they are sure to become a favorite!
Tips & Tricks
- You can use other types of dates but may have some trouble getting the seeds out, we find the medjool the easiest to pit and stuff
- If you want to go lighter on the chocolate, instead of dipping in melted chocolate try placing a few chocolate chips in the nut butter, also delicious!
- If you find your chocolate seizing, add a few tsp of coconut oil when melting in a double broiler or microwave
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: N/A
- Yield: 6-8 dates depending on package size
- Medjool dates
- Nut butter of choice – we use almond butter
- Dark chocolate chips – we use Ghirardelli semi sweet chips
- Kosher salt
- Pit the dates and stuff with 1 tsp nut butter
- Place on parchment paper in freezer for 15 min
- Melt chocolate chips in 15 second intervals in a microwave or double broiler and stir till smooth
- Dip each date in chocolate – we prefer coating only half to let the date flavor come through but you do you!
- Sprinkle with sea salt and freeze for an additional 15 min
- Store in freezer!
You must be logged in to post a comment.