It is no secret that we love Taco Bell. We even tried to get them to cater our wedding reception after party but couldn’t find one that would deliver so late! While we’ve been seriously bummed out with their recent menu changes given how much of the vegetarian options are going away, we are taking solace in the fact that, for the most part, we can recreate the classics at home. Even though the Breakfast Crunchwrap hasn’t gone away (yet) – we do love making it at home for Sunday brunch.
The key to these crunchwraps are to get a nice tight fold on the tortilla as you go around in a circle, it prevents any leaks but also gives you a nice ratio of tortilla to filling in every bite – see our quick video below!
Tips & Tricks
- To get the true Taco Bell Crunchwrap, you can layer a tostada on top of our mixture of choice and fold the tortilla over the tostada
- Sub your favorite protein (veggie or meat!) for a regular Crunchwrap – we’ve done this with black beans and its amazing!
- You can find Taco Bell brand sauces at your grocery store; we are the biggest fans of the chipotle sauce and the Baja sauce!
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 crunch wraps
- Shredded potatoes (we used Oreida frozen)
- Everything but Elote Seasoning
- Shredded cheese
- 4 Eggs
- Salt / Pepper
- Chipotle Sauce – we used the Taco Bell brand
- Large flour tortillas
- Prep hash brown by sautéing in oil till crispy; season with salt, pepper and elote seasoning
- Prep soft scrambled eggs by cooking over low heat
- To assemble – spread hashbrown, scrambled eggs on large tortilla and top with shredded cheese and chipotle sauce
- Begin folding edges of tortilla towards center all the way around and flip over and place on panini press
- Flip over after 2-3 min and cook for an additional few minutes till brown
You must be logged in to post a comment.