Spinach artichoke dip might be one of our favorite restaurant appetizers. There’s something about the ooey gooey cheesy mixture slathered on bread. Plus there’s spinach – so it has to be a little healthy right? A while ago, we joined our love for this appetizer with our undying love for grilled cheese to concoct this mouth watering, life-changing grilled cheese. For an added bonus, there’s minimal cook time – you can thaw and use the spinach straight out of the freezer. Our secret to the creamy texture of this sandwich is cream cheese! We also love to amp up the flavor by adding our homemade pickled jalapeños!
This is sure to end up being one of your favorite grilled cheese sandwiches!
Tips & Tricks
- While the cream cheese / spinach mixture will refrigerate for a few days, it may start to seize up, so its best to make it fresh – simply microwave the amount of spinach you need!
- This mixture also works really great for quesadillas!
- Prep time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 sandwiches
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach
- 2-3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Marinated artichokes diced
- Pickled diced jalapeños (try our homemade version!)
- Sharp cheddar sliced
- Sourdough bread
- Thaw frozen spinach in a microwave for 30 seconds and squeeze out extra water.
- Add cream cheese, paprika, salt and pepper to spinach and mix until a uniform mixture combines.
- Split spinach mixture equally between two slices of bread.
- Sprinkle diced artichokes and jalapeños and more pepper if desired.
- Place two slices of cheese for each sandwich and cover with remaining two slices of bread.
- Butter outside and cook on a panini press or pan for 5 minutes on each side until cheese is melty.
- Serve Hot!
You must be logged in to post a comment.