We’re huge snackers – when that mid afternoon work slump hits, we’re the ones reaching for snacks. And this granola satisfies your sweet tooth and crunch cravings without all the added sugars or preservatives of store bought. We carry ziplocks of these to work and use it as a topping for yoghurt or just plain on its own. Our signature chai spice blend lends a wonderful warmth to this granola but its also a great basic recipe that you can modify and make your own based on the flavor combinations you like!
Tips & Tricks
- For nuts, use a combination of different types to get depth of nutty flavor: our favorite combination is to use pipits, walnuts, pecans & almonds.
- If you want to add peanut butter or almond butter, melt about 2-3 tbsp in 30 sec intervals in the microwave and mix with your maple syrup to get a smooth mixture that will spread more evenly.
- Chocolate chips are a great add on but make sure to add it in the end after the granola has cooled to avoid the chocolate from melting.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Yield: ~4 cups
- 3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon or chai spice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts of choice
- 1/2 cup dried fruit of choice
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Mix oats, nuts sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Add in maple syrup, vanilla and oil and stir fully to get a coat throughout.
- Spread the mixture on a thin layer on parchment paper on a baking sheet and bake for 15 min.
- Stir the granola and bake for another ~10 min until golden brown.
- Cool mixture and add in dried fruit.
- Store in airtight container for up to two weeks.